>

serendipitous reflections

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!

Wow, significant birthdays all around suddenly. The other day was Chris' 40th birthday, now today is my Dad's 60th. Unfortunately we're in Columbia and my parents are in Cincinnati and we can't be with him to help celebrate this day. A while back we were visiting my grandmother in Richmond and Jeni and I found some old photos that we just love. Copies of pictures weren't as easy to make then, and we ended up just photocopying some, so the quality isn't great, but the image is still there, and that's what counts. Jeni scanned them in a little while back.

Dean's Dad  6 wks
This is my Nanny and Pop with Dad at 6 weeks. This is a rare picture of Pop, since he was usually, and preferably, behind the camera.

Denny, Pop, and Uncle Steven
When Dad was visiting at Christmas he saw this picture and corrected me ... I guess this is Dad in the middle with his uncle Joe holding Dad's younger brother Steven and their grandfather to the left. I always thought Pop was holding them, but then Pop did always take the pictures...

Dean's parents
And of course this is Mom and Dad in 1968 or 1969, can't quite tell, but they are outside Nanny and Pop's place.

The Family
And here is Dad, Mom, Kelly and me from our trip to the Smokies this Fall. Happy birthday Dad! Sorry we can't be there with you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home