>

serendipitous reflections

Monday, April 18, 2005

Fiery Shrimp Cocktail


To start the dinner, I fixed a fiery shrimp cocktail (Thanks again to Rachael Ray!) I served them out of martini glasses for a little extra touch. This shrimp cocktail has a wonderful kick thanks to the Louisiana Hot Sauce. I only varied from the recipe in two places. 1. I used Louisiana hot sauce. 2. I boiled and peeled my own shrimp. I boiled them with 1 Tbl of Old Bay just until they turned pink.

Fiery Shrimp Cocktail

1/4 cup hot pepper sauce, eyeball it (recommended: Tabasco)
1/4 cup ketchup
1 lemon zested and 1/2 lemon juiced
2 ribs celery, from the heart, finely chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1 pound small to medium peeled, deveined and cooked shrimp, tails removed
4 pieces leaf lettuce

Combine hot pepper sauce, ketchup, lemon zest and juice, celery and parsley in a small bowl. Add shrimp and coat evenly. Chill 20 minutes, then line 4 cocktail glasses or small dishes with leaf lettuce and top each with 1/4 of chilled shrimp. Posted by Hello

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home