>

serendipitous reflections

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back in some kind of a groove

We're starting to get back in the groove of real life after all the holiday time, vacation, travel, guests, shopping ... Tiffany is heading home today after spending New Years with us. It's always great having company, and we're looking forward to her coming to Columbia after she finishes nursing school. It's fun having Tiffany around. I think my boss likes her more than me, and I'm sure he would hire her if he had any way to do so because he seems to light up when she's around.

I'm back at work, my second full day. After working only two half days in the past 12 days, my body was conditioned to thinking it was time to go home at 1:00. But it is nice to be seeing all the patients again. I'm just ready for a real, full week, and some normalcy at work. (But I do miss all the Christmas treats the patients were bringing in, although we all were starting to get sugar overload.)

It's been cooling down here in Columbia the past few days, which means the kittens are snuggling in bed with us, making it hard to get up in the morning. Last night the strong winds blew out our pilot light on the water heater. Fortunately Jeni noticed before we went to bed or I would have had a very cold (and miserable) shower to start the day. Brr. But, as normal for Columbia, it's supposed to warm back up next week. Go figure.

Guess I should get back to work...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home