>

serendipitous reflections

Friday, May 20, 2005

Chicken Curry in a Hurry Salad


I have taken several recipes for curry chicken salad and finally formulated one that I love! I wish I would have baked sourdough bread to go with this, but the honey wheat toast worked out just fine. The chips in the foreground of the picture are Dean's all-time favorite, Zapp's Spicy Cajun Crawtators.

Chicken Curry in a Hurry Salad

3 C shredded or cubed chicken, cooked (I use rotisserie chicken from the store)
1 1/2 C celery, chopped
1/2 C raisins
1/2 C toasted almonds, chopped (optional)
1/2 C mayo
1/4 C sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/8 onion salt
3 Tbl lemon juice
1-2 Tbl curry powder

Combine chicken, celery, raisins, and almonds. In a separate bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, lemon, and curry powder. Add mayo mixture to chicken mixture, blend well. Serve over greens or crusty bread.

**I have considered adding in chopped grapes, apples, and/or some onion.


Posted by Hello

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home