>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

22 years ago...

It was 22 years ago when I came home from eighth grade, entered through the front door and went straight upstairs. A voice from downstairs asked, "How was your day?" as I clunked my way up the stairs. I responded, "fine" as every eighth grader probably does, oblivious to the fact that this was not my mother's voice. After depositing my book bag in the corner of my bedroom, I came downstairs for a snack, only to find that the neighbor was there, Mom had gone to the hospital eight weeks early, and that I had a little sister, 3 pounds 14 ounces. Now, 22 years later, I still have a little sister, no longer 3 pounds 14 ounces, and I pay a little more attention to the voice that greets me as I enter the house, just in case.

Happy Birthday Kelly!

Dean, Kelly and Jeni after dinner
(Us from after Kelly's senior recital in early December ... where has the time gone?)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home