>

serendipitous reflections

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Effort to save Superman's house

I'm a comic book geek, and a book geek in general, and I have an appreciation for the history of where pop culture and Americana comes from, so I think this is a very interesting effort going on. An author recently went to visit the house of Jerry Siegel, one of the Superman creators, and found a very sad house in a very bad state of disrepair. So the Siegel & Shuster Society is now working to raise money to repair the house (for the current residents) and eventually buy the house when it comes up for sale. Superman wasn't really one of my favorites, but I think this is a worthy cause. (I will say, though, with all the talent backing this effort, you'd think they'd have better t-shirts to buy to support the cause. Maybe they're in the making...)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home