>

serendipitous reflections

Friday, August 15, 2008

Six degrees of Neil Gaiman

I really enjoyed the Six degrees of Kevin Bacon game. It was a good source of entertainment back in college when I would be working the front desk of the dorm in the middle of the night. I like it even more now that, after many years, I can now connect myself to Kevin Bacon in about two degrees.

My favorite author is Neil Gaiman. I was a Neil Gaiman fan before it was cool to be a Neil Gaiman fan (and, yes, if you didn't know, it is kinda cool to be a Neil Gaiman fan). So I just realized that I am three degrees of separation from Neil Gaiman, and this is how:

I know Chris, who knows Bela Fleck (of Bela Fleck and the Fleck Tones) and Bela Fleck recorded a song for Neil Gaiman's audio book version of the Graveyard Book.

The Graveyard Book is Neil Gaiman's latest book, which comes out just after my birthday in September (and would make a great late birthday gift, hint, hint) and there's a contest revolving around this new book release. I like free stuff as much as the next guy, so check it out (although I don't know if I'd really use the Stardust-inspired bath bomb).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home