>

serendipitous reflections

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Been a while...

I didn't realize how long it'd been since an update. We had a very nice visit with Sue, Don, Jackie and Aaron. They came in on Tuesday, and were very complimentary of the house. We enjoyed some nice company, and Jeni's great cooking. As the week went on they began scattering, Jackie and Aaron on Friday to Raleigh, NC for a tennis tournament (won 3, lost 2 matches ... we're pretty proud of him -- Jeni even made it up on Monday to see him play), Sunday morning Sue headed on down to Florida, then later Sunday we took Don to Charlotte for him to fly back to Detroit. Always on the go...

We've seen a few movies lately, too. We went with Don and Sue to see License to Wed with Robin Williams. It was cute (date movie) but I'd wait to rent it. (At moments during the movie the boy in me was distracted by the explosions next door at Transformers.) We also rented Man of the Year, also with Robin Williams. Less funny than the previews, but good like Wag the Dog was good. In the meantime, the list of movies I'd never even consider watching again continues to grow. OK, Saw II I expected to be mediocre, but Superman Returns was horrible, possibly more disappointing than Saw II only because it had promise with a good cast and hype and, come on, it's Superman, and yet is was horrible, boring and pointless. I was also disappointed by Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. I expected more from this movie. American Dreamz was funny-ish, but pointless, too, and we couldn't even get started watching Because I Said So (no, we're not intentionally watching everything Mandy Moore has been in). Still, like the big nerd I am, I'm eagerly awaiting the new Harry Potter movie. (But now I'm rambling...)

Jeni should be on the road home from Raleigh about now, caravaning with Jackie and Aaron. Her ride's only about three-and-a-half hours. Poor Jackie and Aaron are looking at about 12. Ugh! Anyhow, hopefully Jeni got some pictures of Aaron playing and we'll have something visual to post for you.

OK... this is getting too long, and even I won't want to read it, so I'm going to end it here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home