>

serendipitous reflections

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Run run run

I've said in the past that I want to be able to run. I have no crazy aspirations, really. I don't want to run a marathon. Not even a half, really. But I would like to be able to run a 5K in under 30 minutes. That seems reasonable. Back when I was running on the treadmill regularly I actually had a really good day and finished in 30:20. Those darn 20 seconds killed me. I cranked up the speed as fast as I could at the end when I realized I was getting close, but just missed.

I recently saw an article on starting to run. I'm linking it here so I can find it again. I remember when I first started trying, and I realized that I needed to learn how to run -- that you can't just go and put one foot in front of the other. There's a technique to it. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home