>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Graveyard Book

I rushed out last night after my workshop and stopped by the closest Books-A-Million to get the new Neil Gaiman book (just released on the 30th) The Graveyard Book. But the Books-A-Million I first stopped at didn't have it. It seems that they put it out early, then realized it was out too early, then pulled it off the shelf and managed to somehow lose it. But they called the other Books-A-Million (the one just beyond our house) and they had it, so we went out there and picked it up (thanks Tiff for the gift card!). Thanks to a discount on the book and a coupon and a gift card (thanks again Tiff!) I was actually able to get my book, plus the new Laurie Notaro book for Jeni (The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death -- really if you haven't read any of her stuff you must -- brings Jeni to tears laughing). A lot of running around meant we didn't get home until almost 10:00. I figured if we went to the second Books-A-Million first they would have been the one without the book and we would have run back the other way, so it all worked out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home