>

serendipitous reflections

Monday, December 04, 2006

They're just like US

Neil Gaiman is my favorite author for a variety of reasons, but one thing I really enjoy and what makes him even more appealing is his blog/journal he publishes. Much of the time it is an update of what's going on or interesting links or articles, but every once in a while he'll post something about his family. A recent post was about his 12-year-old (I think) daughter which is so funny because of the picture of the white board she doodled all over and the disarming realization that, while he may be dining with Terry Gilliam and filming a movie featuring Robert Di Niro, when it all comes down to it he's a dad with a pre-teen daughter that reminds me so much of Morgan and Sarah and Brittany and a younger Kelly. And I think that's neat.

[The title of this post is a reference to my favorite section of Us Weekly Magazine where they show celebrities eating with a headline reading, "They eat food, just like US!"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home