>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Happy Birthday Aaron


Today is Aaron's 15th birthday. Aaron is my brother's middle child. It so amazing to look at him because he looks just like my brother. It is actually kinda scary how much he looks like Chris. We used to take a picture of him and a picture of brother at the same age ask Andrew (my oldest nephew) which one was Aaron. Sometimes it was really hard to tell.

I remember the day he was born and how I found out he had arrived. We were sitting on the gym floor at Graham High School decorating for the prom, and my mom came walking through the gym at her normal pace, which was lightning fast with her arm just a swinging. She told me we had another little boy, and he was just perfect -- Christopher Aaron. I still get tears in my eyes when I think about that.

The first time I saw him he just stole my heart. He was so chubby and cute, and he smiled all the time. I was lucky enough to get to spend part of that summer with he and Andrew in Mississippi. Andrew was so skinny, tall, and dark brown eyes; and Aaron was this little chubby bundle with blue eyes. It was hard to believe they were brothers.

Now they both are coming into their own. Their voices have changed and they sound like men. They are growing like crazy, and getting girlfriends, going on dates, and driving.....growing up. I want them back to the age where we would dress them alike and take them to have their picture taken on Santa's lap, and when we could make them get their hair cut!

So Happy Birthday Aaron! We love you!

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home