>

serendipitous reflections

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Plain white undershirt

When I get home from work, the first thing I do is get rid of the dress pants, button-up shirt and tie. It's not so much that I don't enjoy wearing them, but after 10 hours, and knowing I've got 10 hours tomorrow, enough is enough. Sometimes I'll catch myself just in shorts and my white undershirt, but I'm not really comfortable in just a white undershirt. I don't feel dressed.

The other day, I recalled a story from my youth. We were living in Cary, NC so I must have been between three and six years old, which amazes me that I even remember this. But Dad had come home from work and dinner was being served so he went back and changed. He came out in shorts and his white undershirt (with sleeves). Mom sent him away from the table to get dressed, saying "You're not eating at my table without a shirt on." Dad returned, joking that he should have come back in a shirt and his underpants instead.

Maybe this is at the root of why I don't usually wear t-shirts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home