>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Picture of the Day -- Nepali Scouts


Since I wrote of Nepal yesterday, I thought I should post another picture from my trip. The Scouts were a vital part of our mission because they helped organize the sites, acted as translators, and basically helped us do anything we needed. These two tagged along with us for a few days at different sites. This photo is from Thimi, a smaller farming community outside of Kathmandu. On my scrubs, my name is written in Nepalese. These boys were very funny because they tried to teach me to speak Nepalese, which is a gutteral language. And if you have never in you life made these noises with any intention, let me tell you, they just don't come out right at all, no matter how hard you try. But they got a good laugh out of my efforts! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home