>

serendipitous reflections

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

An apology

An open letter to the internet community:

I must apologize to the internet community. I really didn't want to do what I did, but I had to. I really had no choice. My boss made me. Sure, I guess I could have made some technical-sounding excuse that he would have bought, but that would have meant that we would continue to share a computer, and I couldn't do that. So, against my better judgement, I unleashed my boss upon the internet, on some antique Win98 machine with 64 mb of RAM and 1.3 Gig available hard drive space, of a total 2.2. This is the guy who yesterday, I had to show how to put files from my computer onto a floppy, and then how to take them off the floppy and drag them into his My Documents folder (no, don't double click...that'll open it again...ok, just close that window and click and hold...no, it opened again...ok, carefully, now...) So if you come across him as you speed around the internet, be kind, speak slowly and in gentle tones because he means well, hold his hand, and say a little prayer as you leave him in the internet dust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home