>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Babies All Around

Before you get too excited, it's not me that is pregnant. Two of my best friends are pregnant and are due within two days of each other. I can't believe it!! I'm so excited for them both. One couple has been married twelve years and not sure if they wanted children, and decided to stop using any birth control methods and see what happened. Well only after two months she was pregnant. They wait until after the first trimester to tell anyone. They told their parents this weekend, and she called me today. I cried out of shear joy for them. They are going to be great parents.

The other couple have only been married eight months, and they are young -- both are just 23 yoa. They know they want a big family...Jen wants 9 kids, Joseph wants 3. I'm guessing they are going to have to compromise somewhere in between. Joseph comes from a family of 8 -- 7 boys and 1 girl (Snow White and the seven dwarfs -- the girl is the oldest) Jen is the oldest of three. They come from two of the best families I have ever been around. We went to their wedding and we were welcomed with open arms by both families. There is so much love to give that this child will be so blessed to have such good parents and grandparents.

Can you tell I'm excited? I guess I will be making a trip to Iowa and Wisconsin in January. Those are words I never thought I would say again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home