>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October recap so far

Dramatic sunset after the storm
We've had some amazing weather lately -- harsh storms followed by dramatic sunsets and double rainbows, pleasant nights with the windows open (much to both our delight and the cats), and then surprisingly warm days. In the blink of an eye it's almost the middle of October. Fall is my favorite time of the year, but it always seems to go too quickly.

This weekend we are going to a corn maze for a belated birthday party for me. I'm very excited. Despite the rainy week we've had, Saturday is supposed to be a perfect day for wandering around a corn field. Then Sunday we get to go to the roller derby! We missed the last one because we were at Jeni's high school reunion, so I am ready for this.

I keep watching out for a good movie pairing at the drive-in as well. We discovered our "local" drive-in this summer, and have had such a good time going out to the double-features. I'd like to make it once more before the end of their season, but we'll see. Movie selection gets a little thin this time of year, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home