>

serendipitous reflections

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finally cut the yard

After more than a month and way too many excuses (to the point that I wasn't buying my own excuses), I finally got the back yard cut. I had to get up at 7:45 just to get it finished and still I was overwhelmed by the heat by the end, at 9:30. The edging can wait until next week. Vacations, rain, and heat interfered with the grass cutting this past month, but this is also prime "grow like a weed" time for the grass.

It is also "baby birds in the fern" time. There are at least two baby birds in the hanging fern. It is a very wise place for a nest, except that it usually results in a dead fern since we can't water it like we should. Small price to pay, though. We'll try to get some pictures, but momma bird dive-bombed Jeni yesterday when she was checking things out, and Jeni is NOT a bird fan so this was not exciting for her.

Maggie, the smallest cat, had a new trick, which she just did. When I'm on the computer, she likes to put her stink on the tower, and bumps the button to open the CD drawer.

We're off to work on the Willy Wonka set today. The set needs to be done this week, so Jeni and I are going to chip in with our minimally-skilled hands while trying to stay out of the way.

Oh, and ironically, my last post on spam comments got five comments -- four were spam.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home