>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The running man

About five weeks ago (early August), when Jeni was in Toledo with her dad, I started running on the treadmill. I had been wanting to for the longest time, and I know Jeni was getting tired of me talking about it, but not doing it. With Jeni away, I had no excuses. (Jeni wasn't stopping me from using the treadmill, she was just MY reason not to.) So I've been getting up early three times a week for the last five weeks, following the Couch to 5K plan to build my stamina and speed. After five weeks, I'm only on week two of the plan, but that's OK. I'm running faster and wanting to run longer and walk less. I'll be trying to move up to the week three stage tomorrow and see how I do. I don't have the plan of actually running a 5k right now, but maybe down the road just so I can say I did it. I haven't lost weight that I've noticed, but I feel better, and that's why I'm doing it. That, and honestly, seeing Don go through his bypass surgery made me realize I needed to start being healthy now, and not later. So I'm up to 1.75 miles in 20 minutes. We'll see how I do tomorrow running longer, and walking less.

--

Update: Double checked ... started running August 1.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home