>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Drawing Superheroes

This is a very cool series of three videos showing six different comic book artists drawing superheroes. You don't have to be a comic book fan to appreciate their skills. I just love watching people create like this. I remember as a kid watching Bob Ross all the time (happy strokes). This is just like watching Bob Ross except the subjects have big muscles. Personally I think it is very interesting to compare the free style of Joe Kubert (drawing ManBat in the second half of video one) and Bill Sienkiewicz (one of my favorite artists back in my comic book days, drawing Elektra in the second half of video two) to the careful style of Dave Gibbons (drawing Watchmen's Dr. Manhattan in the first half of video three).

Video One
Video Two
Video Three

Oh, and while I'm linking to videos, here's a old computer parts using beeps and buzzes to play Bohemian Rhapsody.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home