>

serendipitous reflections

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

SC winter?!?

When we prepared to move back to the South after seven Iowa winters, people asked us if we would miss winter. (Minus-65 wind chill ... are you kidding me?) I said, No, I'm from the South, winter's not that big a deal. And it isn't. But I expected some kind of fall. Today is October 23 and it was 87 degrees out. That's hot for an Indian Summer! And I don't think I'm being naive when I say, moving to South Carolina, that I expected some kind of fall. Even people who have lived here their entire lives are amazed at how nasty hot it is. At least it rained here tonight, but that leaves a toss-up between the possibility of humid or cool. I'm hoping for cool. (I don't know why I'm rambling about this, expect that I'm too stubborn to turn the air on one week before Halloween.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home