>

serendipitous reflections

Friday, August 17, 2007

L-O-L-A Lola

I have a patient named Lola and every time I go to call her back to get adjusted my mind says "L-O-L-A Lola, la-la-la-la Lola" (and occasionally (Y-O-D-A Yoda...) by the Kinks. She said more people actually sing Copacabana by Barry Manilow -- "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..." -- which got me thinking about name songs. I definitely think Lola is a better name song than singing Copacabana. But in the grand scheme, I lean toward Sweet Caroline and Melissa as two of the best name songs, then maybe Layla and Roxanne (as a Police fan, I'm partial to Roxanne, but since it's about a prostitute, I don't know if I'd want people singing it to me...)

So that only leaves me to ask, which songs are missing? I know I'm overlooking a classic or two. What do you consider the best name songs?

[Update: OK, with a wife named Jeni, how did I miss 867-5309/Jenny -- another less than flattering role model for a song theme]

[Update2: OK, I really need to stop thinking about these songs now, because I spent the last two hours trying to remember Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) and all I could get in my head was Windy instead.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home