>

serendipitous reflections

Monday, October 09, 2006

Google, please buy me next

It looks like the internet is for sale, and selling fast. Google bought You Tube for $1.65 billion -- BILLION! What the hell is that about? Now I just wonder if Google will waste that investment and merge You Tube into Google video? I guess I just get a little soured when the cool sites are bought up by the big boys. I don't know why. I guess I feel they lose some of the edge or creativeness or uniqueness. Not that I think You Tube is the greatest thing in the world, but I look at Publisher's Clearing House buying Blingo and Yahoo scooping up Konfabulator and Flickr and I see the internet world becoming more of a shopping mall with a bunch of big anchor stores and little in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home