>

serendipitous reflections

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Fat finger vs wedding band

Last Friday Jeni and I had gone out to a friends and had a nice dinner (Jeni cooked most of it, so you know it was nice) and at some point, I noticed I had either nicked or pinched my finger near my wedding band. On the ride home, Jeni said it looked a little swollen and my ring was aggravating the spot, so we figured we should just slip the ring off and let my finger settle down. The problem -- at some point in the last 10 years, it seems I've gained a little weight. So my wedding band didn't want to come off. We ran it under cold water, submerged it in ice water, lotioned it up, pulled, wiggled, wrapped in ribbon, squeezed, rocked ... you name it, we tried it. Saturday, Jeni started to get concerned that this would hurt my finger and we would have to cut the ring off. We were actually on our way and we decided to give it some time -- my finger wasn't purple yet. Well, last night, with the help of some vaseline, grit and determination, Jeni managed to wiggle the ring beyond the swelling and over my knuckle and off. It feels weird not having a wedding ring on for the first time in 10 years (I'd only taken it off in public when I was going to the gym so it wouldn't get scarred up), so I guess we'll be ring shopping soon. Need to get another one on soon so the ladies don't get ideas (ha!) ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home