>

serendipitous reflections

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sweet Potato Yum-Yum


My sister-in-law, Jackie, gave me this recipe many, many years ago. Honestly, this is one of our favorite holiday dishes. We couldn't just call it sweet potato casserole because it is soooo much more than that, so that's when we came up with sweet potato yum-yum. I promise you everyone will love this. It's like a dessert.

Sweet Potato Yum-Yum
31/2 C sweet potatoes, mashed*
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
1 C sugar
1/2 C evaporated milk
1 TBSP vanilla extract

Topping
1 C pecan, chopped
1 C brown sugar
1/3 C flour
1/3 C butter, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon (I added that)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9" x 13" casserole dish.

Using an electric mixer, combine sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla. Pour into buttered dish.

In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix until moist. Spread pecan mixture on top of the sweet potatoes. Bake for 30 mins.

*I have used canned sweet potatoes and fresh sweet potatoes and both work. I prefer fresh. I either bake the potatoes then scrape out the insides or peel them, cut them into cubes, and boil them. If you are using canned sweet potatoes, REMEMBER to DRAIN them first.


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home