>

serendipitous reflections

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Dorothy was right

I returned home safely late last night without any problems. The return flights went much smoother than the flights over to Jackson.

I had a wonderful visit with my family. The whole crew was there. (Chris, Jackie, Andrew, Aaron, Brit, Dad and Sue) It was an unusual visit for this time because we are usually there during a holiday, and no one really has anything going on. But this visit Chris, my brother, was in New Orleans having a mini-high school reunion. Jackie, my sister-in-law, was working on a couple of house deals. Brittany, my niece, was in Gulfport for a select soccer tournament. And my teenage nephews, Andrew and Aaron, were busy with their girlfriends or "friends that are girls." The phones were always ringing or being texted or texting. It was so awesome to see how much they have grown up, but oh so sad at the same time. I always feel nostalgic after I come back from my brother's.

My Dad and Sue bought a really nice condo in Jackson so they will split their time between Bonita Springs, Florida and Jackson, MS. (I will add the the link when Sue sends it to me.) They are both really excited about it. I think this is something they have wanted to do for several years, but this was the right time and the right place.

I'll add some more stories later tonight or in the morning. I had a great visit, but there's no place like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home