>

serendipitous reflections

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Unplug it!

I went over to my boss's house to help him with some tech issues. He has an iMac (the second generation, first with the flat screen and the long neck) and his son and daughter have the iBook for school (his motivating factor for getting the iMac). He recently got an airport for the kids to be able to use their iBooks, but they couldn't get it to connect. I was able to see that I had a signal, and could get a response through the internet with a direct connection, but couldn't pull up web pages using the airport. His internet is through Time Warner Cable (Road Runner) , so I called them to see if there was something I needed to do. Their answer, unplug it. Funny, that's their answer when my digital cable goes out too. Makes you wonder if the first page of their manual simply says, in big red letters: UNPLUG IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home