>

serendipitous reflections

Friday, December 03, 2004

Be careful what you type for...

You have to be careful what you type for, because you just might get it.

I was talking to an older lady the other day, probably in her late 50s, early 60s. We were talking about the internet and the fact that we have a website for work now. I gave her the address and she relayed a funny story. There is a "Memphis-sytle" barbecue restaurant in the region here called Sticky Fingers. (Memphis-style in quotes because having lived in Memphis, I know Memphis-style, and they aren't Memphis-style.) So the lady explains that she tried to go to their web site and typed the .com version of the web address, not the .net, then she gave an awkwark chuckle and a roll of her eyes to yada-yada-yada the end of the story for me. I found it very funny and we enjoyed a laugh together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home