>

serendipitous reflections

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fiction Plane

I don't know what made me think of this the other day, but for some reason I looked up Sting's son's band -- Fiction Plane. I knew Sting's son, Joe Sumner*, was in a band, and he sounded a lot like his dad, but the last time I listened to some of their songs I don't remember them knocking my socks off. But the other day one of the songs (Two Sisters) just stuck in my head, and now it's there, bouncing around over and over again. I imagine that if The Police were new today, this is what they'd probably sound like.

[You can hear Two Sisters on their MySpace page, and a few other songs on Last.fm]

*As for the name Joe, it just boggles my mind that you are "Sting" but you name your son Joe. But I guess since Sting's given name is Gordon that Joe isn't all bad, just vanilla when compared to Apple, Moxy Crimefighter or Kal-el.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home