>

serendipitous reflections

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sex and the City

Jeni and I were invited to a Sex and the City party and went to see the movie yesterday afternoon. I never really watched the show, but I had an idea about the characters from the five-or-so episodes I watched, and they did a good enough job of re-introducing the characters that anyone with half a brain could pick up and enjoy the movie. There were definitely some awkward moments where you wouldn't want to be watching the movie with your parents. I don't know if I would have thought, this is a movie I have to see right away, but I'm glad we went.

The get-together afterward was very nice, too ... a little cookout and garden party in a very nice house with the kind of backyard we would love to have one day. Kristen Davis, who plays Charlotte in the movie, is from Columbia, and Jeni and I have had the opportunity to meet her parents. They hosted about 50 people at the "Columbia premiere" of the movie. (No surprise guest at the party...)

Today it's back to the pool to work on that base tan for the beach in a few weeks. (Or, for me, the base burn...)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home