>

serendipitous reflections

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bizarre sights

I saw two bizarre sights yesterday ...

On my way home from work, I was stopped as the first car in a left-hand turn lane. Waiting at the red light, I wasn't paying too much attention to the traffic around me because there was a lot of it and my light wasn't changing soon. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw a large blue Ford F-150 truck coming from my right and turning left across traffic (down the way I had just come) when I hear the skeeee of tires and a speeding BMW slams into the bed of the truck. I watch as the truck dances and spins my way, stopping about 15 feet from me, and spun facing right-to-left like it had never started the turn. I have been in wrecks before, but this was the first time I've ever sat and watched one happen, especially this close to me. Both drivers emerged aggitated but no apparent physical damage (but surely in need of a chiropractor -- law prevents me from handling out cards at the scene). I saw smoke rising from the BMW but the souce was obscured by the truck's hood, so when the light changed and my left turn was obviously blocked, I backed up and drove straight, fearing the source of the smoke. As I passed, I could see the airbag had deployed and was emitting the smoke. The windshield of the BMW was completely shattered on the passenger side. Really, it looked like one of the off-center crash tests you see on Dateline.

The other crazy sight I saw was when I went to pick up dinner from Miyo's. It's beside a Blockbuster and I saw a car parked at Blockbuster with "Just Married" written on the back window. I'm going with the assumption that they just got back from the honeymoon and haven't washed their back window yet. I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home