>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New Internet Explorer

Jeni and I differ on our approach to a web browser. I use Mozilla's Firefox while Jeni still uses Internet Explorer. I prefer the tabbed browsing Firefox offers as well as some other subtle features. Now, it appears that Microsoft is playing catch-up. They have released a test version of their new Internet Explorer browser that includes several Firefox features like tabbed browsing and a built-in search window (reference 1, reference 2). Microsoft never seems to be a trendsetter but a fine-tuner of other's good ideas (Windows taken from Apple ... now redesigning their browser based on Firefox and others). This will be interesting to see. As for me, I'm sticking with Firefox. Maybe it's a little bit of stubborn "damn the man" attitude, but I'm OK with that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home