>

serendipitous reflections

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mash mixups

I stumbled across this website with "mashed" songs, merging two songs together for a new sound. I listened to "Paperback Believer," a blend of the Monkees Daydream Believer and the Beatles Paperback Writer. Very interesting. Or how about "Papa was a Clock" ... The Temptations' Papa was a Rolling Stone laid over the music to Coldplay's Clocks -- very good. And maybe it's my musical bias, but the Wrapped Detective song with Elvis Costello, The Police, Lionel Ritchie, Peggy Lee, Bob Marley, The Hollies and Led Zeppelin was the best.

Want interesting... check out YMCK, a Japanese band who develops their music based on the classic video game sound. Unique, but nothing I could listen to twice.

[I can't wait until my patient load picks back up and I stop finding weird crap online while at work...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home